Welcome to Inkscribes!

A small scribble on the rather large face of the internet.
Follow Me

Post A-Z Challenge and Monday Drabble.



By  Alyssa Cormier     3:51 PM    Labels: 
My goodness. I'm not sure about all you wonderful people that regularly decide to punish yourselves with the A to Z Challenge AND Camp NaNoWriMo.

I'm quite happy it's May. :)

You may have noticed that throughout the month I stopped trying to make my stories 200words. Mostly that happened because I realized the editminion was giving me a different word count than other programs. So none of my double drabbles are actually 200words anyways.

I also stopped commenting and such. I hope to go back around to all the wonderful blogs I found throughout the month and continue to read and post! I hope we'll continue to be friends. :)

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and read my stories and left a comment, or didn't leave a comment. Your visit was appreciated never-the-less.

I did get several comments on the pictures I used. For the most part if you clicked the picture it would take you to the source, some pictures I could not find sources for and they just seemed to pop out of obserity that is the Internet. Also, the tutelage lead to additional information. :)

Again, thank you. It was fun to be a part of this challenge. I managed to complete it and meet my 40k goal for Camo NaNo. It was a crazy writing month!


I hear...


     I hear the tap of fingers across a keyboard, and I would think they were my own had I not heard them before I started typing. The sound echoes from upstairs. There are computers up there, too many for our own good. But there is no one up there; well, no human.
     My children are off to school, my husband to work.
     Autumn, our dog, is upstairs. I imagine she's sleeping stretched out on a child's bed, like she does every day when they go off to school without her. I doubt she's tapping away at the computer, writing about how agonizing it is to be left alone each and every day, abandoned by her pack. Left with only me for comfort.
     Now that I've started to type, the sound has faded. The only typing is my own and the buzz of my laptop. Occasionally, I can hear a bird's twitter outside.
     It's cold in here, too cold for spring. Too cold for my fingers to be left exposed racing across a keyboard.
     But the sound called to me, the clicking of a keyboard from upstairs. Someone, something was writing, as if to say it should be me.

About Alyssa Cormier

Born in Newfoundland and currently living in Ontario. Alyssa lives with a house full of boys, 3 sons and a husband. She is a Writer, Artist and Artisan. Who, along with running an online shop called The Night Craft, takes custom commissions, and continiously works on her writing.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's May too. Although this first week, there's still a bunch of blogging going on, so it feels like the challenge is trying to stretch into May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I kinda used A-Z to get myself into blogging and I think it went well. But everyday is definitely too much for me. I think I'll stick to 3 days a week with the optional Sunday. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm suuuper glad it's May, what a journey! Loved reading all your unique ficlets. Congrats on finishing it. Also! Love that ficlet, I should be writing... /xoxomake.com

    ReplyDelete